Home

Friday, August 27, 2010

Okanagan Springs Pale Ale

Label: Pale Ale
Type: Ale
ABV[%]: ~5
Packaging: bottle/can/keg
Brewery: Okanagan Springs, Vernon BC

Smell: rich and hoppy
Head: relatively thick, a bit of lacing
Color: copper
Carbonation: mild to strong
Kick: OK
Rating: bottle= 5/10, keg= 6/10, cans = 8/10

Notes:
This is BC's most popular craft beer, and there is good reason for it. The beer in the can is excellent price value, rich tasting and satisfying in most settings: whether your having a meal, snacking or chilling. The stuff out of the tap is OK, but the stuff in cans is clearly much better, which is a bit strange, but hey, that's my opinion.

It is easy to find in BC liquor stores and I confess that it is my 'comfort' beer if I'm in the beer store just looking for a session beer.

I won't order this on tap, and I will refuse a bottle of this stuff, but a can? Anytime, baby, anytime.

1 comment:

  1. This is an adequate beer but lack a proper full body taste, a little hoppy, but best served from a can. Tastes like crap from the tap.

    ReplyDelete