Home

Monday, September 12, 2011

BeerFest 2011


Well, the Great Canadian Beer Festival of 2011 is now officially in the books. It was a weekend of a lot of laughs, fun and awesomeness in 4 oz. doses.

As I awaited for my posse to arrive, I dropped by the 'store' and found, to my surprise, one of these. I won't bore you and provide a synopsis of the beer. I will say, however, that when the posse did finally arrive, popping open this beast was as much hazardous as fun. After few unsuccessful attempts of removing the cork (we actually broke my bottle opener) we managed to pour the celebratory bottle into our glasses.

For the beerfest itself, the day began much differently than it started: sun-soaked soccer stadium became drenched with rain and beer. The crowd was pretty timid compared to last year, but that didn't discourage some mis-behaviour.

I was amazed how many people just didn't know who Devo are/were, which says something about the crowds. There were some folk of our generation who nearly wept with joy upon seeing us, having reminded them of some fond memories of their youth. Of particular note were the guys from Mill Street Brewery, who were so cool about the costumes (see my review of their lager). They found and gave us T-shirts. That's not to say we didn't get some 'love' from other breweries as well... I figured we got a fair bit of 'freeware' and 'shareware' as a consequence of the outfits. Suffice to say that the bar for costumes is pretty high now and I'm worried about next year (it's my turn to figure out the costumes). I won't be looking here for inspiration (warning...horrible, horrible stuff).

Brap-on baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment