Home

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Backhand of God

Label: Back Hand of God
Type: Stout
ABV[%]: 5.2
Packaging: Pulled Pint
Brewery: Crannog Ales, Sorrento BC

Smell: coffee, tints of chocolate
Head: Very little
Color: Black
Carbonation: Moderate
Kick: yup
Rating: 7.5/10

Notes:
Had a pulled pint from a pub. This is a very refreshing stout that goes down remarkably fast. This is very good stout with coffee and chocolate flavours . You could drink a lot of this stout as it isn't that heavy, and the flavour isn't over-powering. It is probably one of the better stouts I've had on tap.

This stout reminds me of a seasonal stout made by Granite Brewery in Toronto/Halifax, but this is a bit better. A better bitter this stout is. Apparently it has won some awards as well.

The pint was fresh and nice. Its an organic brew and I think you can (yes! you really can!) taste the difference good organic ingredients make in making a good stout. Thumbs up cola! I love this name. The name reminds me of the time when I repeatedly said 'phoody jaunda' at my dad.

1 comment:

  1. Had it again and I have to say that it is remarkably consistent. Crannogs have done a great job with this brew.

    ReplyDelete